Sunday, May 26, 2013

It's...

(This theme just popped in as soon as I wrote the tite of this particular post)
Holy Mother of the GODS...it's been a while. Sorry about the prolonged absence, but I haven't really had the time, at least before I didn't have the time. I could list out the woes and such, but I don't want to bore you kind readers, but now I have....DRAWINGS!!! (or, more specifically, two paintings and a drawing)
This character was...well...I don't quite know what he was, but I had done this particular character before in some of my other, older, sketchbooks from when I was in high school. He was drawn with a Micron point 01 pen and painted with watercolor paint, his little scarf decorations there were drawn with Sharpies.

I started reading The Once and Future King, by T. H. White, it's a good book, but there's a sequal to that particular book entitled The Book of Merlyn and it was illustrated by Trevor Stubley and I was inspired by one of the illustrations of the book. So, I decided to draw and paint up my own version of Merlin. It could also be Dumbledore, but don't all the legendary wizards look alike, admit it. This was drawn and painted with the same materials as mentioned previously.

This little character was drawn while I was hanging out with some of my friends. I wasn't bored, it's just that I felt like drawing this little character. He was slightly inspired by the work of an amazing artist by the name of Jean-Baptiste Monge, you should really check out his work (there is a link to his Facebook page). Unlike the previous characters, who were drawn on watercolor paper, this was one of the first drawings to adorn a new Moleskine sketchbook, and it was drawn with a Micron pen, point 01, same as the previous two.

Well, that's all, for now, but if you would like to take a gander at these characters and some other characters, I have two different tumblr blogs that you kind readers can gawk at and a facebook page that you can waste some time on, even though, admittedly, there's barely anything on it. There should be more doodles coming soon. Thanks for sticking around.
Cheers,
A. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment