Sunday, February 24, 2013

Bilbo Baggins!! I'm not trying to rob you!!

There's some news on the horizon, folks. I'm starting something on Youtube and I think that it will be an interesting experience. In the meantime, here are some actually new drawings. Now, I've recently watched the Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and I've read the book as well (which is a really good read) and I've been in a Hobbit-y mood so I've been drawing various scenes from the Hobbit and the various characters from the book.
This one is the first drawing I've ever draw of Bilbo Baggins. This was almost entirely inspired by the movie with Martin Freeman's portrayl of Mr. Baggins.

This was entirely inspired by my own version of Bilbo that developed as I read the book itself. This was inspired by the scene when Biblo was sneaking through the forest towards the three trolls. Now this version might upset almost every hard core Tolkien fan, but this version seems to make sense to me. Bilbo was a character that would have packed his entire home and taken it with him on the journey, if he could. So I think that he would have looked like a bit of a posh British adventure and pseudo-huntsman, so Bilbo decides to adorn an Inverness cape and his best scarf and just looks like a bit of a well-dressed country Squire. Again, it only seems to make sense to me, but I enjoyed drawing him all the same.

Anyways, I'm very excited about the new things that are about to happen with Youtube and I will hopefully find more time to put some more doodles up here, soon. Right-o, hope you folks are well.
Cheers,
A. Taylor

Notes: the first and second Bilbos were drawn with waterproof ink and the second Bilbo was detailed with just a regular pencil. Still thinking about watercoloring them.

No comments:

Post a Comment