Saturday, July 14, 2012

Behold, The Auburn!!!

My family and I went on a sort of one-day-holiday to Auburn, Indiana, specifically the Auburn Cord Dusenburg Museum, where these rolling pieces of art were manufactured. This is my favorite.

I've always had a soft spot for the Auburn 852 Boattail Speedster, I had a little Hotwheels model of it when I was a kid and it has, since then, become nothing less than a dream car for me.

These were meticulously manufactured for those who had deep pockets and had a need for speed. These cars were rolling sculptures and were the epitome of the jazz age.

Needless to say, I was in heaven looking at various cars like these. I ran around and found that I had taken over a hundred pictures, my dad, the ultimate car guy in the house, had taken well over hundred as well. We were like kids in a candy store, basically. It was great.

Until next time, I'll be cruising around in a great 1916 Dodge (boy, I wish)...

Perhaps more pictures to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment