Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Doctor Is In, Pt. 2

Here is the second (and last) part of my parodies of the famous Doctor Who.
Doctor When & his companion, the misanthropic squirrel, Hedley.

Doctor Where & his trusty sonic plunger

Doctor Why & his companion, the sarcastically silent parrot, Bob.

I had a great time creating these oddball characters, granted they might be rather lame jokes, but I enjoyed creating them all the same. The inspiration of Doctor When was a combination of the Fourth & Tenth Doctor (who I have a soft spot for since I grew up with Tennant's Doctor), and, rather obviously, the movie Blazing Saddles (where I got the name of Hedley from). The inspiration of Doctor Where was a combination of the Ninth (hence the leather jacket), Fifth (due to the sneakers) Tenth (the sort of gravity-defying hair, the sort of paisley tie, and, in turn, the sneakers), & the Eleventh Doctor (my current, all-time favorite). Doctor Why's inspiration was derived from the Fourth (the scarf and long coat), the Fifth (the sneakers), & the Tenth Doctor (hence the sneakers and long coat, again) also the way it was drawn and painted was inpsired by illustrator Edward Gorey and they were all drawn with the same medium as the previous two. Hope you readers enjoyed them!

Keep a sharp eye out...

No comments:

Post a Comment