Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mary's Critical Times

My sister asked me a couple of weeks ago to create a banner for her blog entitled Mary's Critical Times. She also asked me to incorporate something about film around it so I picked out some of the best films and TV shows and just sort of mixed everything in. The list of films Incorporated into the banner, if you would like to check them out, are as follows:





This banner was drawn with a variety of mediums. I drew the moon and the rocket along with the stars with waterproof ink and a dip pen. I then used regular ink to create the inkwash effect. I drew the letters with blue waterproof ink and a dip pen and the red letters I drew with red waterproof Sharpie pen. After that was dry I then used just water, while some of the blue ink was still wet, and then brushed it around the letters for another inkwash effect and then I drew the paisley marks with a blue Sharpie pen. I then drew the rest of it with a Micron pen (01 point) and then used watercolors to color the rest of it (save for the Tardis, which was colored with a blue Sharpie pen).
Here is the edited version:

Cheers,
A. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment