Monday, August 8, 2011

The New Banner...HUZZAH!

If you are a diligent follower to this scribbler's website, then you'll notice that there is a new banner that adorns the top of each of the pages. It is a hand drawn banner that I had created just last night, according to the date that I am writing this post. I was just thinking that the blog was getting a bit bland with the right ordinary banner with just some simple words upon it, so I decided to doodle this quickly. Posted above is the unedited version of the post that isn't cropped and lettered via the website picnik, which I have mentioned before in previous posts. It is a faithful website that I have used numerous times to make some doodles and pictures look official. The style of the banner was inspired by an artist by the name of Eric Canete, who is a truly one of my favorite illustrators, now. Needless to say, I had a truly great time doing this great collage of various things, but one of my favorites to draw was something I called the Cthulhu Hat, the bowler with tentacles, that is holding up the sign that says "Bowlers are Cool," simply because they are. I have also done some much needed updates to the site, so do tell me what you think of it in the comment section of this post.
Keep a sharp eye out for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment