Monday, June 11, 2012

Drumroll, Please....

Ta da! Although this little caricature won't be up for some time, I just thought I should keep you folks posted as to the whereabouts of my progress of the various art blog posts that I am doing. This is a caricature of one of my favorite illustrators, Chris Riddell, as you can see from the picture. I had a blast looking through various books that he has illustrated and sort of combining my favorite characters from some of his stories. The various characters holding the little drawing of the author were drawn with waterproof ink and then painted with watercolors. The actual drawing of the author was drawn in the same waterproof ink and then I used some regular ink (basically not waterproof) and did a bit of inkwash to create a bit of contrast. Right-o, hope to have the article itself up here, soon. Until then, keep a sharp eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment