Friday, June 29, 2012

The Tardis is Cool & So is Quidditch

 I had recently bought a Micron brand drawing pen (with a point of 01, for those who are curious) and, instead of the usual dip pen and ink, I decided to take the Micron for a test run, so to speak. This first scribble here is just a sort of mash-up of my favorite things about one of my favorite television shows, Doctor Who, so I just sort of made up my own version of the main character, The Doctor, with his trusty sonic screwdriver and a shortly-lived fez. The colored bits in this drawing were done with a Sharpie marker and a fine-point Sharpie pen (red for the tartan design on his coat and blue for the bulb of the sonic screwdriver).

This next drawing was just one of my all time favorite books when I was growing up, Harry Potter. I could go on and on about it and how just bloody awesome and inspiring it was, but that's for another time. Granted, it might not be a good version of the Boy Who Lived, but, like I said, it was a test run. This drawing was painted with watercolor and I used red Sharpie pen to emphasize the red stripes in Harry's sweater (and it might look like his sweater is red and white, but I swear I meant for it to have the Gryffindor colors, and sorry, in advance for the sort of ovular frame around Harry, it's a bit wonky, I know).


Keep a sharp eye out...

No comments:

Post a Comment