Friday, June 22, 2012

Cogito Ergo Zoom

 One of my favorite books is The Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Grahame and everytime I read it I can't help but think of old-fashioned motorcars of that era that Grahame had written this great work. I always loved the sort of clunky quality of those old motorcars and steamcars of the age when the automotive industry was just blooming. Although this little doodle at the side here is a  thoroughly made-up version of those motorcars, I still love those old cars.

Also, one of my favorite characters from The Wind in the Willows, besides Mr. Toad that is, is Ratty. I have always enjoyed his amiable nature and how he just wants to go scullying in his boat along the river. Ratty has that sort of nature that is familiar to all of us because we are or we know someone similar to Ratty. This version was sort of inspired by a movie version of Grahame's book in which the great Mark Gatiss portrays him down to a T I think. I have no idea why he would be smoking a pipe here, but it suits him all the same.

Notes: To start off the title of this post is a sort of play on words to the Latin saying Cogito ergo sum (I think, therefore I am), but this one means "I think, therefore I go really fast." As you can tell, I really enjoy wordplay, too. Now, the first drawing was more of a doodle and was drawn with just a regular mechanical pencil and the second was drawn with a fine point pen.

Keep a sharp eye out...

No comments:

Post a Comment