Thursday, June 21, 2012

To the Moon! (and other places)

 I had recently seen the movie Hugo and also read the book The Invention of Hugo Cabret and I really enjoyed them (and highly recommend them). When I was waiting for a class to start one day, I decided, purely out of whim to draw the Man in the Moon with the rocket in its eye, like film, From the Earth to the Moon, by Georges Melies (I know there are accents over the two "e"s, sorry). I soon became kind of obsessed with the drawing.
 Now, whenever I have time to kill I have just been doodling the Man in the Moon. I particularly like how, in the movie, not so much in the book, how the stars are drawn. Most stars are drawn the typical fashion so that they kind of look like exaggerated letter A's, but these stars actually look like stars, at least in my way of thinking. The last drawing in this post is just me fiddling with the idea of an anthropomorphising a planet...
Voila...SATURN!
Granted it might not catch on, but, either way, I enjoyed drawing these characters, all the same.
Hopefull I'll have something fairly new up here, soon.
Keep a sharp eye out.


Notes: the first doodle was drawn with a fine-tipped pen and the rest were drawn in pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment