Friday, November 29, 2013

The Good Doctor(s) Part 2

Hello folks, hope that you all had a very pleasant Thanksgiving here in the US and if not, then I hope that you all had a very pleasant week. This is the final batch of Doctors that I had drawn up specifically for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. I must admit that this is my favorite of the two batches.


This is the suave, vegetable wearing, cricket enthusiast Fifth Doctor and he was played by the Peter Davison and his reign lasted from 1981-1984.

This garishly colored gentleman is the Sixth Doctor and I'm not altogether too sure why he was, but he was one of my favorites to draw. The Sixth Doctor was played by Colin Baker and his reign lasted from 1984-1986.
 




This quirky little gentleman with the bumbershoot is the Seventh Doctor and he was played by the equally quirky Sylvester McCoy (to most modern audiences, he is the one who played a great version of the eccentric wizard Radagast the Brown in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey). His reign was rather spotty, it lasted from 1987-1989 and then he popped up in 1996 for a one-night-only TV special.




This Lord Byron-like Doctor was the Eighth Doctor and he was played, rather magnificently, by Paul McGann. This Doctor started off in a one-night-only TV special in 1996 and ended his reign, in a manner of speaking, this year with the Mini Episode "The Night of the Doctor" and if you haven't seen it, then I highly recommend it.



This rather gloomy gentleman was the Ninth Doctor and he was played by Christopher Eccleston. He revived Doctor Who successfully in 2005 and he ended his reign that year, lasting only from March to June. Although it was short, he did help tremendously by reviving the series. Now the Ninth Doctor actually came into being in this past episode "The Day of the Doctor," for those who don't know SPOILERS (well, kind of), he is regenerated from John Hurt's "War Doctor" (I suppose that is his name).







This long-coated, gravity-defying haired gentleman is the Tenth Doctor and he was played, rather brilliantly by David Tennant and he is actually the Doctor that I grew up watching, so I have a bit of a soft spot for his particular Doctor (although the Fourth or the Seventh have to be my favorites). His reign lasted from 2005-2010.
This bow-tie wearing, chin-tastic gentleman is the Eleventh Doctor and he is currently being played by the equally brilliant Matt Smith and his fading reign will end this very year and was started in 2010. I do find that this Doctor is very well up there on the list of favorite Doctors, with his childish, yet professorial, persona that won me over quite instantly. Even after his reign ends, Bow-ties will still be cool.
 
 
Alrighty folks, that's it for now, but I hope to keep posting some brand-new things on this grand list of ramblings and hope that in the coming year that I will keep updating it, more than I have this year. Again, hope that you folks are having a wonderful week and I shall post something new, soon.
 
Cheers,
A. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment