Monday, October 31, 2011

The Detective Scribbles, No. 7, Thomas Carnacki

I thought it was appropriate for Halloween to have a detective who deals with these particular matters, the Ghost-Finder, Thomas Carnacki. This supernatural detective was introduced to the public in 1910 in Ideler magazine and was created by scribbler of the supernatural, William Hope Hodgson. Carnacki was published in the magazine in genuine Holmesian fashion between 1910 to 1912. Hodgson also published the Carnacki stories in compendiums, but Carnacki's literary career as a Supernatural detective was cut short when the Great War broke out throughout Europe and Hodgson fought, but, quite unfortunately, died in Belgium in 1918.
Since then, though Carnacki has inspired authors in the realm of the fantastical and you, kind reader, can explore the dark world of Carnacki through the online stories that I shall post here for your literary and macabre pleasure. Note: due to the busy time, I shall cut this short. Happy Halloween!
Click here to read some of the Carnacki tales.
Keep a sharp eye out for my next post.

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled onto your blog while running a Google image search for Carnacki, and I love your drawing and your beautiful style in general! Thanks for giving me such a wonderful image of Carnacki to live in my imagination :)

    ReplyDelete