Saturday, April 30, 2011

Brilliance of Boredom, No. 3

Here is the second small doodle in the series entitled "The Brilliance of Boredom." Although I have never been truly prone to giving names to small doodles such as this, I, somehow, thought that the name Rayliegh seemed to fit this observatory character like a glove.
This character came as an inspiration from another one of my favorite authors, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but particularly of his creation, Sherlock Holmes. Although this bohemian is not an exact replica of the world's greatest consulting detective, I thought that he had to be a character that sat in a chair just observing his surroundings, much like the great detective's brother, Mycroft, but not as corpulent. So, just to go with the inspirational genesis of this character, I think that a quote from Doyle framing this sedentary and observational character is just the thing it needs. Keep a sharp eye out for the edited picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment