Friday, November 18, 2011

The Balloonist

This little project is actually a bar of soap, the project in question is for an art class that I am currently attending. The project consisted of carving the soap into some form of a picture and then painting it. Firstly, I put the soap into the microwave for about ten seconds and then took a toothpick and carved out the picture. I then used acrylic paint to color the picture, it is actually quite enjoyable to do, as sort of a time-killing project or in the afternoon and you need something to do.
(Note: I don't profess to be some fort of master carver, since is the second of two carvings that I have done in my life, but, as I said, I quite enjoyed doing this. Also, my apologies for the obscured bit of the basket, I accidentally used the flash on the camera.)
Keep a sharp eye out for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment