Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Detective Scribbles, No. 8, Tintin & Snowy

Although this scribble wasn't meant for this particular section of my ramblings, I decided, just for the halibut, to include the comic book adventurer, Tintin, and his faithful dog, Snowy, in this tremendous undertaking of scribbles.
I have written before that Tintin was one of my favorite heros as a kid, and I had read some of the comic books attentively. This is thanks to the great artist Georges Remi, although he is commonly known by his pseudonym, Herge (an accent over the final "e" for those grammatically oriented readers).
Tintin made his first appearence to the world in his adventure Tintin in the Land of the Soviets in 1930 and since Herge has captivated the world with his tabula rasa hero of Tintin and his great tree of friends and comerades such as Capt. Haddock, Professor Calculus, and Thompson & Thomson.
Honestly, I thought that this was overtly appropriate due to the fact that the movie "The Adventures of Tintin and the Secret of the Unicorn" is coming out soon and I am very excited about it, too. Just like with the drawing of Capt. Haddock that I had posted a couple of days ago, I shall post the watercolor'd version of this very soon. If you would like to take a gander at the fairly new trailer for the new movie, please do see the video just above this very paragraph.
Until next time, keep a sharp eye out for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment