Monday, November 7, 2011

Capt. Haddock


Here is a scribble of Captain Archibald Haddock, the amiable, yet mostly inebreated, friend of Tintin, one of my favorite comics as a kid. Here's a brief history of the character of Capt. Haddock...
The artist Herge introduced the character of Capt. Haddock in the story The Crab with the Golden Claws, created and published in 1941. Since then Haddock has accompanied Tintin throughout his various adventures. I have to say that Haddock is one of my favorite characters because of his various curses that he exclaims when he is intensly aggrivated or in a tight spot. Such as "Ten Thousand Thundering Typhoons!" or "Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!" Although he has a bit of a rough-and-tumble character, he has a good sense of moral and integrity, which is what I like about Capt. Haddock.
I thought that it was fitting to post this doodle in light of the new Tintin movie (which I am very excited about). This was drawn with a dip pen and waterproof ink, with the help of a brush to paint Capt. Haddock's suit. I will post this again, soon, but it shall be watercolor'd, with any luck.
Keep a sharp eye out for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment