Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Boy Jack

I realize that this is a bit late for Veteran's Day, but I was fairly busy yesterday, when I meant to post this. I thought that this particular poem seemed fitting for those who have fought bravely with integrity. This is one of my favorite poems, although it is slightly melancholy in nature. This poem "My Boy Jack" was written by Rudyard Kipling, the creator of The Jungle Books (which are, like any book that has been turned into a movie, the books are better). Kipling had written this poem after he had found out that his son, John "Jack" Kipling was killed in the Battle of Loos, in France. There has also been a play that is based on this particular event and the play was eventually turned into a  small movie, which is very good. The writer of the play also plays Rudyard Kipling in both the play and the movie, and the actor's name is David Haig. He played a stunning performance in the TV movie entitled, respectfully, "My Boy Jack," in which Daniel Radcliffe, famous for his role as Harry Potter in the movie world, plays the role of John "Jack" Kipling.
In short, I would just like to thank those who have put their well-being in danger for our country and we are overtly indebted to you all. Thank you.
Here is actor Daniel Haig (playing Rudyard Kipling) reciting the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment