Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Brilliance of Boredom, No. One

Bienvenue & Welcome to this new set of Scribbles written and complied by me. I enjoy drawing reading quite a bit & hope that you readers stay tuned in for more drawings to come. Thanks.

Here is the first in a series of drawings entitled "The Brilliance of Boredom." It will consist of a series of scribbles that I have photographed from a sketchbook of mine and then I will do some editing to make it, with any luck, a little more than just a scribble. To start out the series, here is a small doodle of a character that was inspired by both Kenneth Grahame and Brian Froud (both are artists in their own regard and both of which I truly admire) that I decided to draw into being out of pure whimsy one day. Although, unfortunately, I couldn't fit the whole character into a picture, I was able to fit the detail of the head and most of the coat into the picture.
After loading the picutre onto the computer, I then decided to sort of play around on a picture editing website that my sister uses most of the time for her pictures (called picnik). I thought that the picture would do with a good quote from one of my favorite authors, Edgar Allan Poe. It was a whimsical little quote that I always get a good smile from. With any luck, the newly edited picture should be up within the week. HUZZAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment