Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nostalgia & Comics

This is merely a post that expresses my excitement for a new movie that is due to come out sometime in the holiday season. The movie in question is called The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn. As the post's title clearly specifies, this post is mainly about me reminiscing about the "early days," so to speak. When I was a little kid I loved the Tintin cartoons when it was on TV and I also loved the comics that inspired both this upcoming movie and the cartoon series.

Here is a brief bit of history of Tintin. The creator of the series is named Hergé (a pseudonym that belonged to a cartoonist whose real name was Georges Prosper Remi). He was a popular cartoonist and actually was one of the many cartoonists that inspired me to continue drawing. Some of my favorite characters in the series was Dr. Calculus and Thompson and Thomson, as well as Tintin, of course, and his faithful companion, his wire fox terrier, Snowy. Hergé had taken his lovable characters all over the globe in various adventures, but their adventures only seemed to merely halt momentarily when the creator died, but the franchise of the investigative reporter still goes strong today, and especially with this scribbler. I would recommend to anyone who enjoys adventure stories to check out some of the Tintin exploits and hopefully enjoy them as much as I have. I am, in short, very excited about this upcoming movie and I have here posted the new trailer for the movie. I, also, shall be posting some other scribbles in due time. Thanks for enduring the rambling. (Note: I realize that the subtitles and such are in French, but I believe that you, being a clever audience, will get the overall plot.)

1 comment:

  1. To those who are Doctor Who fans, Steven Moffat is helping in the writing of the screenplay for the movie. This is just a little tid-bit I nearly, and quite idiotically, forgot to mention.

    ReplyDelete