Friday, June 17, 2011

A Simple Drawing & A Simple Story

To accompany this drawing, I will not write a novel as I have done with the previous posts, but I will do my best to summarize. Here goes. During the winter of this previous year my friends and I had a small party and were told to bring white elephant gifts. I, quite literally, made a small painting of a white elephant that was picked up by a friend of mine. Another friend then asked if I could make her another white elephant, but with a green background (the first one had a blue background). So I painted it, but for months on end I kept forgetting to give it to her. Months had passed and finally I have given her that small painting and, as a sort of apology, I made this little drawing of a white elephant in a green, and yellow, suit (note that the blue-ish colors were originally green, but after years of mixing different watercolors, they now have a blue tint). So, I shall end quite simply: here is an apology from me, mon ami, I am truthfully sorry for the delay. Keep a sharp eye out for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment