Friday, September 16, 2011

A Good Brolly (Umbrella)

Here's just a sort of Rembrandt-esque sort of experiment that I did merely to experiment with using a brush instead of a dip pen (granted, I am no Rembrandt, but this was just an experiment, none the less). Here's a small story that is behind these this little doodle: I had recently purchased a nice umbrella from Barnes and Noble, one of my favorite places to go to. The umbrella, on the top, has different quotes from various bits of literature, so it was a favorite utensil of mine quite instantly. This is where the "brolly" part comes in, the term "brolly", if anyone isn't aware of colloquialisms, is a another term for an umbrella and I simply could not fit the word "umbrella" into the format, so I used the term "brolly" and mainly because I love the whimsy of the word itself. What I have here is the edited and unedited version of this picture, but never fear, I will try to not be this egotistical with my future posts, I will have another detective on here for "the Detective Scribbles" series by the end of the weekend.
Keep a sharp eye out for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment